Personal Information We May Collect:
Depending on how you use our Site and Services, we may collect the following:
Personal Information You Provide:
- Name and/or business name;
- Home address and/or business address;
- Home, business, and/or mobile telephone number;
- Email address;
- Credit card information, debit card information, electronic funds transfer (“EFT”) information, and/or automated clearing house (“ACH”) information, or other payment account number and related information;
- Date of birth;
- Social Security number or Federal Tax ID;
- Emergency contact information that may include personal information of others;
- Information related to Services provided to you; and,
- Customer and/or business relationship information.
Data Collected Online:
- Services Usage Data: data gathered by the operation of the Services, for example, when we receive a signal from your system and send an alert to you or when you arm/disarm your system, establish or modify a setting, or respond to an alert;
- Transaction Data: when, where and how a transaction takes place, including but not limited to, the devices and payment methods used;
- User Data: browser data, Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, date and time of access, other websites visited and other data describing user engagement with our Site and approximate user location;
- Device Data: hardware model, operating system, unique device identifiers, and mobile network data as well as other data generated by a device’s interaction with our Services;
- Cookie Data: small data files stored on your computer or mobile device to enable functionality, remember your login credentials, and collect data about your usage of our Site and other internet activities; and
- Metadata, Log Data, and Other Internet Technologies: we use these technologies on our Site and use emails to deliver cookies, enable personalized online advertising, and measure user engagement.
Please note that you can restrict some online collection of user, device, and tracking data collected using cookies and other internet technologies. See “Choices about the Use of Your Personal Information.”
- Publicly available databases and privately-maintained marketing and data analytics resources: demographic information (age, sex, household income, job industry, and job title).
The Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
- Establish and maintain your ADS account and our business relations with you;
- Provide you with Services;
- Process your payments for Services;
- Respond to your comments and requests;
- Review the Services that we provide to you, improving and developing new Services;
- Inform you about additional Services that may be of interest to you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing material from ADS;
- Manage our Site and Services and assess feedback so that we present information in a user-friendly way;
- Develop demographic information for research and marketing purposes;
- Enable third-party advertisers and ad servers to deliver ADS advertisements on other websites you visit unless you take steps to restrict this form of advertising as explained under “Choices About Your Personal Information;”
- Protect ADS and our customers against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property; and
- Comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We allow authorized third parties to access your personal information when there is a legitimate business reason to do so. Third parties with access to personal information are authorized to use the personal information as necessary to provide services to us and, at a minimum, are required to protect the confidentiality of that personal information as required by legal or professional obligations (except for Authorities, as defined below). Third parties who may have access to your personal information include:
- Law enforcement, fire service personnel, emergency personnel, local jurisdictions, and other government authorities (collectively, “Authorities”) when providing our Services;
- Business partners and subcontractors that provide certain customer services on our behalf (see “Third-Party Websites, Social Media and Links”);
- Service providers who provide administrative and information technology support functions on our behalf such as hosted applications, IT services, e-mail marketing, online ad-serving, and collection agencies;
- Billing and payment processors who process payments on our behalf that are made using the ADS online payment portal;
- ADS’s affiliates and subsidiaries as part of ADS’s regular reporting of aggregated, statistical data without identifying individual customers;
- Insurance companies or data exchange administrators who request information from ADS to confirm your subscription to Services for purposes of evaluating homeowners’ insurance;
- Local jurisdictions for licensing or other permit purposes;
- Government and law enforcement when reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, and governmental requests;
- Investigators and others when reasonably necessary to protect the security or integrity of our Site, Services, or customers; and
- Transaction parties, in connection with a business or financial transaction, such as financing, acquisition, merger, divestiture, or sale of assets.
Choices about the Use of Your Personal Information
- Cookies: You can set your browser or device to reject cookies and other technologies, but note that some aspects of our Site and Services may not function properly with this setting.
- E-mail Marketing: You can opt-out of marketing email messages by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in these messages. If you opt-out of marketing e-mail messages we may still send you messages regarding transactions and other matters related to our ongoing business relationship with you.
- Notifications: Our Services may ask you for permission to send notifications to your mobile device. Our Services will still work if you do not grant us permission to send you notifications.
- Website Tracking: You may purchase a utility from an independent software provider that you install on your computer browser to limit tracking of your browsing activity.
Safeguarding Personal Information
ADS uses reasonable technical, operational, and administrative measures to safeguard your personal information in a manner that is commensurate with the sensitivity of such personal information. Unfortunately, no form of storage or transmission is completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your personal information has been compromised as a result of the Site or Services, please contact us immediately as set forth below under “Contact Information.”
We additionally want to remind you that email is not secure against interception. In the event that you submit credit card or debit card information and/or EFT/ACH information, please do not provide such information via unsecured e-mail, general fax, or general voicemail. Below are more secure methods for you to provide credit or debit card information and/or EFT/ACH information:
(i) Through our secure payment portal available at my.adssecurity.com;
(ii) Speak live with an ADS Security representative; or
(iii) Provide via encrypted email.
ADS strongly encourages consumers and other customers with access to the payment portal identified in (i) above to make payment(s) through such payment portal. For further information about ADS’s safeguarding of credit card or debit card, electronic funds transfer, and automated clearing house transactions, please contact us as set forth below under “Contact Information.”
You are responsible for choosing a secure username and password when you set up a payment portal account and should take precautions to keep your username and password confidential. Some precautions include, among others: (1) choosing a password that you do not use on any other online account; (2) not sharing your payment portal password with anyone, including anyone who claims to work for us; (3) changing your password from time to time; and (4) protecting your computer and mobile devices against unauthorized access.
Accuracy and Accessing Your Personal Information
It is important that the personal information ADS holds about you is accurate and current. You are responsible for informing ADS of changes to such information. You can update or correct your emergency contact list by contacting our Customer Care Department or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can update or correct your billing information by contacting your local ADS branch office or by contacting our Customer Care Department. For other account changes, please contact your local ADS branch office. If you do not know your local ADS branch office please visit www.adssecurity.com/locations to search by zip code or click on the Locations tab at the bottom of the web page to view a list of all ADS offices. We will make reasonable efforts to modify your information promptly in our records.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as long as your customer account is active; as needed to provide you with access to the payment portal; as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to implement our document retention policy, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and for marketing purposes.
Third-Party Websites, Social Media and Links
ADS Security, LLC
3001 Armory Dr., Suite 100
Nashville, TN 37204